Lake Charm Post Office
← Previous | Home | Next →
Originating in Lake Charm, this cover was returned to New York. (Scott U277, Design U67, Die 45.)
This cover was sent by T.L. Mead (Theodore L. Mead) on 17 May 1887 to Dr. Harold Gifford, Curtor of the Museum, Eye + Ear Infirmary, 2d Ave + 13th St, New York, N.Y. However, when it arrived in New York on 28 May 1887 it was returned to the writer.
The Lake Charm post office was discontinued on 28 May 1887.
A label affixed to the back states:
"Letter returned to the office by Carrier. If the address on this letter is correct, or there is any other reason why the carrier should have delivered it, please send the envelope, with a statement of the facts, to the Postmaster, that he may inquire why it was not properly delivered."
The label is tied by a P.O. 5-28-87 N.Y. handstamp.
Also on the back is the arrival handstamp D 5-19-87 9A N.Y. and the return postmark dated 28 May 1887.
← Previous | Home | Next →